To speed up the application process, please make sure you have all your information handy before you start, as you’ll need the following to be able to open a Term Deposit with Judo Bank:
- A minimum of two identification documents – you can use your Australian Driver’s Licence Passport or Medicare Card for identification purposes;
- An Australian Bank Account with another financial institution, which needs to be in your name (or names if this is a joint application);
- Your Australian Tax File Number (TFN) or exemption code - collection of TFNs is authorised by law. It is not compulsory to quote a TFN, however, if you choose not to, you will be charged withholding tax at the highest marginal rate (plus applicable Commonwealth tax levies);
- A mobile number and email address for verification and correspondence purposes. Keep in mind that for joint applications, each applicant will require their own unique email address and mobile phone number. You can invite a second applicant to join your application (and they will need to approve or decline the application you start) or joint applicants can complete the application form together.
The person applying for the account must be:
- over 18 years of age;
- an Australian resident for tax purposes; and
- living at an Australian residential address.
Before you open an online Term Deposit account with us, you should consider whether it is appropriate for you by accessing and reading our Target Market Determination.
Personal Term Deposits can only be opened by the account applicant(s) themselves under individual or joint names. You cannot open a Personal Term Deposit on behalf of, or in the name of, another person, even if you hold a Power of Attorney, Enduring Power of Attorney or similar authorisation.
To apply for a Term Deposit account with us, you must read and agree to the following:
- Important Information;
- Term Deposit Terms and Conditions;
and give the consents listed in the Important Information.